Youth Entrepreneurial Services exists to promote young people’s creative skills and employment potential through innovation, creativity and engagement in career development.
Youth Entrepreneurial Services (YES) is an initiative of Impact Communities which works with community organisations, groups, individuals and families so that young people are equipped and supported to realise their potential and achieve their goals.
This innovative social enterprise assists young people to create, sell and market their products and services online and through pop-up stores and markets using uniquely designed retail modules.
- YES harnesses the young person’s interests who will decide on the products and services they produce (e.g. creative arts, gifts, woodwork, photography, web design).
- YES participants are supported to facilitate all aspects of the business such as product design and manufacturing, sales, marketing, e-commerce, quality control, financial management and administration.
- YES has a ‘whole of community’ focus where local businesses and community members partner to achieve the outcomes; giving young people real life exposure to employers, their local communities and beyond.
- YES participants will be between 15 and 24 years of age and will gain high quality job-seeking skills through in-house programs such as ‘Coaching Young People for Success’ and ‘Ready Set Job’. One of our key outcomes is that participants will have a clear employment pathway plan and will achieve employment, education or certified training outcomes.
- address vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment;
- develop employability and entrepreneurial skills;
- demonstrate their employability to employers; and
- secure and sustain employment or commence further education or training.
YES Fact Sheets
YES is an initiative of Impact Communities in partnership with Workskills Inc. and funded by the Australian Government’s Empowering YOUth Initiative.
Realising potential, achieving goals.
To increase opportunities for people and communities by delivering effective and innovative programs and services that address unmet needs.
49 Molle Street
Hobart TAS 7000
Tel: 03 6262 5400