Work45+ is a one-stop information hub with tips for you from job seekers aged over 45 and employers who appreciate your strengths.
Know your value
Research shows older workers are:
- safety conscious.
Know your rights
Age discrimination is unlawful:
- Employers must not discriminate against a job seeker because of their age.
- You don’t have to tell an employer or recruiter how old you are.
Build your skills and confidence
Work45+ is friendly and positive. Its information and links will help you find the support you need to:
- look for jobs in all kinds of places
- improve your IT skills
- use and expand your networks
- identify skills you already have that might suit a different industry
- make a plan for your career and your life
- find and finish training
- research the job you’re applying for
- write a strong resume that’s brief but relevant
- be positive about your ability to do the role
- explain why you’re the best person for the job
- practise interviews and ask for feedback
- keep up to date with COVID-19 information for job seekers.
Want to find out more? Visit www.work45plus.org.au